“The impulse to heal is real and powerful and lies within the client. Our job is to evoke that healing power, to meet its tests and needs and to support it in its expression and development. We are not the healers. But we can be the context in which healing can happen.” – Ron Kurtz
- To train students to become yoga teachers with the ability to lead students into awareness and presence, heal from past injuries and prevent new ones. (in the yoga program only)
- To train students to become quality holistic massage therapists with the following abilities:
-Able to perform excellent technical massage therapy, treating injuries and imbalances;
-Able to treat their clients as whole human beings; and
-Able to touch with presence and awareness.
- To provide a space and tools for self exploration, growth, personal transformation and awareness.
- To acknowledge the unity between Body, Mind, Emotions, and Spirit, and teach and give massage in a way that encompasses all aspects of that unity.
- To teach with academic rigor all subjects offered, and encourage critical thinking in academic matters.